Monday, 10 May 2010

Old Schoooooool......Retro and New Games......

Whilst researching both 'Slime Mold' and 'Artistic Direction' I had a few thoughts, in paritcular to past games to felt reminsicent of 'Slime Mold's', for instance......

WORMS



I just love the way they move, even though there's no particular characteristics that make them unique, thier shape and texture, as well as their teeny voices....

Lemmings



Ahhhh, there was just somthing about the Lemmings that just encapsulated cuteness, and at the same time reminded me alot like the nature of the Aggregated 'Slime Mold'

LocoRoco



Generally just a lovely looking game, although 2-d, at has a very whimiscal undertone, along with a cute, pastel toned colour pallete

De Blob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUV5yMhjMs

A random game I found a trailer of when searching for 'Slime Mold's' on youtube, it was instantly captivating, the cute, rounded characters, alongside their voices, and uniquenes, completely appealed to me.....especially the in terms of colour, and subtlety of the camera movement....

Little Big Planet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AMK0d-lUMw

The apple of me eye when it comes to this animation, this was the first inspiration that same into my head, I love the textures, colours, camera angles, sounds, tabs, everything that makes this game what is....

No comments:

Post a Comment