Monday, 5 July 2010

I am alive!!!!.....Update On Summer So Far!

.....Ahh...it's been a while since I've posted on my blog.....truth is.....I feel like I've neglected it slightly since leaving....but that doesnt mean I've been doing nothing, infact I've actually been working non-stop!

That said....Im not entirely happy with the progress I made last year....though towards then end, when it come to crunch time...I really felt like I registered myself into an intense week training for maya lol....although throughout each project I have learned so much....it's just not been enough in the long run....

It does feel like I've 'coined' myself as the 'arty' guy out of the class, who happens upon all the cliche reasons for 'just' making it....and I've realised this for quite sometime....so this summer....my goal is the get myself up to the standard I should have been a long time ago...and then some....

So my first few steps...obvioulsy involved goin pack to painting......'sorry phil' lol.....just to get myself back into the routine of drawing etc.....but you'll be pleased to know I've started to prepare a transition of sorts to digital painting, through painting textures on paper before hand....and just generally experimenting....

I've also been uploading/retouching past works to my deviantart account (whilst attempting to network)........which has actually spurred me onto developing an old 'drawn' piece....that had some potential, and expanding it entirely in photoshop, with texturing and painting.....Feedback welcome....

http://bobstrife.deviantart.com/#/d2t9g9b

Apart from that.....I'll keep you updated on my progress! Suggestions would be welcomed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment