Thursday, 5 August 2010

Erin Mid Wip

Hi, my name is bob....and I always seem to bite off more than I can chew.....

Thats kind of how I felt last week about this piece when I reached the skin part....It's been a long trial and error exericse, and I feel like i've jumped into the deep end and attempted (without any previous character painting knowledge).....to know what i'm doing lol.....

The better approach to learn, would have probably used a (really) 'strong' pose/reference picture (something I always forget when doing portraits, and always tends to bite me in the ass), and just copy that to get the basics.....or even follow a tutorial through and through....but I'm impatient I guess

Anyway, here's what i've come up with so far....





















There still needs to be darking of the hair and sking around it so there's more depth, as well as definition of the neck area, as well as the eye which has the dark ring to give a guide for later....just in general I think now I need to work on making the attributes feel together...

Comment/tips welcome

1 comment:

  1. Looks good man. You've inspred me. I just dusted the cobwebs from my tablet, boy am I rusty. I'll post some progress on my blog later :D

    ReplyDelete