Monday, 20 September 2010

Sion First Development

Okay, so here's my first development for Sion, working with a Standard pose I found on devart, which was actually quite a hard thing to find when searching for poses, as they seemed to range from either being too bulky, or too much penis lol, so I adjusted this drawn pose to fit my wanted charcters physique......

I attempted to try and get a good mix of both andriod, and human features, without trying to over-complicated the anatomy too much. I wanted there to be an almost rawness to the build, hence the bandages...as well as appearing 'battle-ready'. The Lines and plates in the actual body, I wanted to portray as 'pieces' of synthetics, slotted into the body to replace, and enhance of sections....

I think for my next pose, I'll create a more 'bulky' figure, perhaps taking on a more 'armoured' state, in comparison to the streamlined one below...


9 comments:

  1. You're detailing too quick Bob. Start with the foundations (Circles, cylinders etc) and build up from there. Justin will show you more on this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? It's just my end result I want to be an actual portrait of the character, so I have the relevent poses for that, but in the mean time, I'm using these just to develop how he will look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you want to just design the outfit elements, I'd still say a strong pose and base is the right way to go before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your details and costume design is really nice. Seems a shame to put that stuff on an atomically incorrect drawing of a guy. Y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh...i see what your saying, I've always struggled with proportions, but that's why I decided to use somone else's pose to build my character on? what would you say is wrong with the characters build?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you draw from the pose as ref, or overlay and draw on top?

    Well the shape of the legs feel awkward, the center of gravity is completely off & and the upper torso is too large. Can you post the reference?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen to Jon Bob, also you need to think about how the materials form around your character, therefore you will be needing to think about the internal form, mass, etc. otherwise you will just end up with a flat outlined image, also vary your line weight. Need any pointers pop in on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I overlayed over the top of the reference

    here's the reference:

    http://bobstrife.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d2g5dx9

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not too sure the reference is too strong to begin with tbh. Try not to use other peoples drawings, at the absolute least use someone who is very well regarded for their anatomy. Find stock reference of photographs instead.

    Go here : http://www.characterdesigns.com/
    To photosets. Plenty free ones there.

    ReplyDelete